Managed WiFi is a network solution that lets you, the home network owner, get full visibility and control of everything on your network. Managed WiFi is a cloud-based system so you can control everything from one source like your smartphone or tablet.
Managed WiFi has many benefits for your home network. One of which is advanced cyber security. As we get closer and closer to a completely WiFi-connected home, it gets more difficult – and necessary – to manage everything that connects to your home network. Especially from a cyber security and privacy standpoint.
Using a WiFi Management App for WiFi Security
A WiFi Management app is used on your smartphone or tablet to view and control everything happening with your WiFi network. From a security standpoint, this is highly valuable. WiFi Management apps are used by both Internet service providers (ISPs) and customers and have benefits for both users.
The benefit for you is that a WiFi Management app makes understanding, setting up, controlling, troubleshooting, and securing your home network a breeze. With the app, everything is within one source on your smartphone or tablet. This makes it a handy and easy resource to use.
There are many Managed WiFi apps out there. Hitron’s MyHitron app is a perfect example of a managed WiFi app solution. It’s a self-serve home WiFi Management and optimization tool in one app on your device. With the MyHitron app you get the following security controls and benefits:
- Setting up, enabling or disabling Guest WiFi network(s) to manage IoT and Smart devices on your home network.
- Setting up and managing your network and WiFi password.
- Advanced security protection for all connected devices to your home network, including IoT and Smart devices.
- Prevention and protection from Internet security threats, password breaking, malware, phishing attacks and DDoS attacks.
- Alerts when new devices join the network, and when security breaches occur.
- Monitoring for password breaking network vulnerabilities and website traffic disruption.
- Ability to block or resume the connectivity of a device whenever you need to.
Together, the MyHitron app and your Managed WiFi system keeps your home network secure and performing at its very best. All Internet traffic and connected devices on your home network benefit from this elevated level of security protection. You get full access to all controls and configurations without having to get your provider to come out to your home. Everything is in the palm of your hand.
Ready to level up your home WiFi network performance and protection? MyHitron is available through your Internet service provider. Ask your ISP about MyHitron today.
Want to learn more about Managed WiFi? Check out our Learn page.