MoCA 2.5 Coax to Ethernet Adapter
MODEL # HTEM4
Extend your Ethernet without running wires! Convert your existing coax wiring into a 1 Gbps Ethernet network backbone with Coax to Ethernet adapters (MoCA). Delivers Gigabit speeds and a rock-solid connection wherever you need it. Perfect for working from home, video conferencing, 4K HD streaming, lag-free gaming and much more.
* As an Amazon Associate, Hitron earns from qualifying purchases.
- GIGABIT ETHERNET-OVER-COAX NETWORK – Instantly create a Gigabit network connection using your existing coax wiring and Coax to Ethernet Adapters! Ideal for bandwidth-hungry applications such as online gaming, streaming and video calls.
- INCREASE WIFI SPEED and RELIABILITY – Dramatically increase the bandwidth to your WiFi throughout your home by using Coax to Ethernet Adapters between your router and access point to deliver Gigabit speeds to your connected devices.
- GET BETTER WIFI, BETTER GAMING, BETTER STREAMING. Get an extremely fast and reliable wired network connection for all your bandwidth needs including lag-free gaming and buffer-free streaming.
- GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT – Get up to 1 Gbps connectivity to your router, computer or any Ethernet device, such as 4K HDTV, gaming consoles and more.
- COLOR-CHANGING STATUS LIGHTS – Lets you know the exact status of your MoCA network connection, including speeds, MoCA activity, and MoCA connection mode.
- EASY PLUG N PLAY SET UP – So simple – just plug it in. No software to install. No configuration required. Coax to Ethernet Adapters automatically “see” each other to create an instant MoCA network as soon as they are plugged in.
- TWO PACK BUNDLE – Two Coax to Ethernet (MoCA) Adapters automatically complete your MoCA network connection.
- NO WIRES TO RUN. NO CONFIGURATION – Create an instant wired network connection with Gigabit speeds to all of your connected devices – no running wires, no drilling holes.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ANY ETHERNET ROUTER and practically any device with an Ethernet port. Not compatible with satellite TV, or AT&T U-verse coax networks.
- CONNECT UP TO 16 MoCA Adapters – Easily expand your MoCA network to achieve greater connectivity to every corner of your home, wherever you have coax wiring.
- CARRIER-GRADE – Hitron is a trusted manufacturer of carrier-grade DOCSIS equipment for Cable Service Providers like Comcast, Cox and Spectrum.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED. This kit includes everything you need to create a reliable MoCA network.
Get Better WiFi
Get the WiFi networking performance you need with speeds up to 1 Gbps. Hitron’s HT-EM4 MoCA 2.5 Adapter transforms your existing coax TV outlets into Gigabit Ethernet ports to create a multi-lane “super-highway” between your home’s router and WiFi access points. Faster speeds into your WiFi Access points means faster WiFi out to all of your devices, throughout your entire home.
* As an Amazon Associate, Hitron earns from qualifying purchases.
INCREASE SPEED & WIFI COVERAGE
Hitron’s HTEM4 MoCA Adapters transform your home’s coax cable wiring and coax outlets into a Gigabit Ethernet backbone, sending full bandwidth to every room in your home. HTEM4 Adapters are compatible with any Ethernet router and with any Ethernet device including WiFi routers, Access Points, gaming systems, 4K streaming media devices, HD audio streamers, personal computers and much more.
GREATER WIFI BANDWIDTH FOR ALL
Increase your WiFi bandwidth and coverage by creating a Gigabit Ethernet over Coax (MoCA) network connection to any coax outlet. Hitron’s HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapters transform your existing coax TV outlets into a Gigabit Ethernet network connection between your home’s router and WiFi access points. These faster speeds into your WiFi Access points means faster WiFi performance to all of your devices.
With a Gigabit Ethernet port, HTEM4 Adapters provide Gigabit speeds to any connected Ethernet device such as a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, gaming consoles and much more. Instantly improve your Internet performance and reduce latency for extremely fast connectivity.
WORKS WITH ANY ETHERNET DEVICE
With HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapters, you can connect any Ethernet device to your Gigabit network, such as a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, gaming consoles and much more.
PLUG N’ PLAY SET UP
Works right out of the box with easy set up:
- Plug the HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapter in to an active coax cable outlet.
- Plug in the power supply to a power outlet.
- Plug in the Ethernet cord to your modem, router or access point.
- Connect a second HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapter into any Ethernet device you want to connect to the MoCA network. No configuration required. Just plug it in.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapter kit comes with everything you need:
- Two (2) HTEM4 Coax to Ethernet Adapters
- Two (2) Power Adapters
- Two (2) Ethernet Cables
- Two (2) Coax Cables
- Quick Install Guide
The HTEM4 is used by major Cable Internet Providers like Comcast, Cox and Spectrum. Hitron designs & manufactures carrier-grade DOCSIS equipment for Internet Service Providers worldwide. Our products are in millions of households just like yours.
We provide free web chat and email support for products under warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer.
Hitron brings over 30 years of expertise to your home by designing and manufacturing innovative technology. Hitron products are trusted by North America’s most-respected Internet Service Providers, including Comcast and Charter Communications. We are an ISO 9001 certified company and follow industry best practices to ensure every product meets our meticulous quality standards.
Backward compatible with Bonded 2.0, MoCA 2.0, 1.1 & 1.0
500 Mbps per MoCA Channel
1 Gbps MoCA to Ethernet (Full duplex)
Four Multi-colored LEDs:
• MoCA Activity
• LAN Link
• MoCA H/L Speed
Output: 12VDC, 1A
• RF Input sustains at least 4KV
• Ethernet RJ-45 sustains at least 4KV
Weight: 110g +/-10g
Operating humidity: 10% to 90% maximum relative humidity (non-condensing)
FCC Part 15 Class B
ICES-003 Issue 6, Class B
How do I contact Technical Support?
Do I need more than one HT-EM4 adapter?
How fast is MoCA 2.5?
How many MoCA devices can I have connected to my home network?
Your network can connect a total of 16 MoCA devices including the adapters.
What is the maximum distance between MoCA devices?
Is the HT-EM4 compatible with satellite services?
Can I connect an OTA antenna to the adapter?
What end-devices are compatible with the HT-EM4?
Virtually any device that has an Ethernet port, including Xbox, gaming systems, computers, streaming media devices and more.
Why is my HT-EM4 not working with some MoCA 2.0 devices?
If the MoCA LED on the HT-EM4 is not lit up, or you cannot access the Internet when using the HT-EM4 with an existing MoCA 2.0 device, this is likely an interoperability issue with the driver/firmware on the MoCA 2.0 device. Some older MoCA 2.0 devices may have issues communicating because they are using much older driver/firmware versions. This is mostly seen with older single-channel MoCA 2.0 devices and can be resolved by simply upgrading to a newer driver/firmware. Please contact your MoCA 2.0 device vendor to see if there is a newer driver/firmware available for upgrade.
After connecting a splitter to my network, it no longer works. Why?
Why is my connection speed so slow?
- Run a speed test of your incoming broadband service to ensure that the broadband service is healthy.
- Check for faulty/outdated/incompatible coax splitters and connections within your MoCA network that may be restricting speeds.
- Check that other devices connected to your MoCA network are not hoarding available bandwidth.
- Check that the Ethernet cable is Cat5E/6 compliant.
- Check to confirm that your device has a Gigabit Ethernet port (1000Mbps) and not Fast Ethernet (100Mbps).
Doesn't the pre-existing coaxial cable already have the capability of providing Internet?
Why can’t I access the internet when connected to the HT-EM4?
If the POWER and LINK LEDs are on, but the MoCA LED is off:
— Ensure that the coax cable is connected to the RF port with the picture of a coax connector
If the POWER LED is on, but the LINK LED is offL
— Please wait up to 90 seconds for the HT-EM4 to establish a network connection.
Why do none of the LEDs turn on?
The HT-EM4 is not receiving power.
- Ensure that you are using the correct power adapter that came with the device. Using a power adapter other than the one that came with your HT-EM4 can damage the HT-EM4.
- Make sure that the power adapter is connected to the HT-EM4 and the electrical outlet correctly.
- Disconnect and re-connect the power adapter to both the electrical outlet and the HT-EM4.
- If none of the above steps solve the problem, consult your vendor as there might be a fault with the device.