MoCA 2.5 Coax to Ethernet Adapter
Get a reliable, super-fast connection for your HDTV or gaming console without running wires! This easy-to-use coax to Ethernet adapter uses your home’s existing coax wires to create a wired Ethernet backbone with speeds up to 1 Gbps. Enjoy reliable, higher speeds for 4K HD streaming, lag-free gaming, reliable video conferencing and working from home.
* As an Amazon Associate, Hitron earns from qualifying purchases.
Get Better WiFi
Get the WiFi networking performance you need with speeds up to 1 Gbps. Hitron’s HT-EM4 MoCA 2.5 Adapter transforms your existing coax TV outlets into Gigabit Ethernet ports to create a multi-lane “super-highway” between your home’s router and Wi-Fi access points. Faster speeds into your WiFi Access points means faster WiFi out to all of your devices, throughout your entire home.
Enjoy increased network speeds and performance for pristine 4K and HD streaming. No more stutters, frame freezes, or getting bumped down to standard resolution.
Better Video Conferencing
Get smooth connections and glitch-free meetings, even when the whole family is online at the same time! Hitron’s HT-EM4 creates a fast and reliable wired connection to your home office. You’ll have smooth streams and glitch-free meetings, even when the whole family is at home and online at the same time.
Get lag-free gaming and low latency by creating a super-reliable wired connection without running wires! The HT-EM4 transforms your existing coax wiring into an extremely reliable and fast a wired connection, ready for your gaming console, and incredibly fast speeds so you can stay on top of the leaderboard!
Plug n’ Play Set Up – No Configuration Required
So simple – just plug it in. No software to install or configuration required. Plug one HT-EM4 adapter to any coaxial port in your home and it automatically establishes a MoCA link with your gateway. Then use the Ethernet port to connect your HDTV, gaming console, PC or any other Ethernet-enabled device. Sit back and enjoy perfect 4K streaming, lag-free gaming, and high-speed networking!
Hitron’s HT-EM4 MoCA Adapter transforms your home’s coax cable into an extremely reliable, wired 1 Gbps Ethernet backbone, sending full bandwidth to every room in your home. The HT-EM4 MoCA Adapter is compatible with any Ethernet router and with practically any device that has an Ethernet port including gaming systems, 4K streaming media devices, HD audio streamers, personal computers and much more.
Secure and Reliable
The HT-EM4 uses hardware DES and AES encryption to keep your data safe from unauthorized access. You can augment your home’s Wi-Fi network with the reliability of a wired connection where ever you need it.
Two Coax Ports
The HT-EM4 provides two coax RF ports: one to connect to the wall outlet and one to connect to your TV or cable set top box. As a result, you get blazing networking speeds over your coax network, without having to sacrifice a cable outlet in the home theater.
Learn More about MoCA
This MoCA guide will help you to understand essential information about MoCA technology so you can make informed decisions about boosting your Wi-Fi. In this article, we will cover: What is MoCA? MoCA 2.0 vs 2.5 What are MoCA Adapters? MoCA Adapters are Wired for...
MoCA 2.5 technology is the highest MoCA standard out there. It is designed to be your Wi-Fi network’s support system to make it better. With MoCA 2.5 adapters you can ensure that your Wi-Fi speed is fast, your connection is reliable and that your Wi-Fi signal coverage...
MoCA 2.5 is the most updated MoCA standard. MoCA 2.5 is capable of up to 2.5 Gbps actual throughputs and is backward interoperable with MoCA 2.0 and MoCA 1.1. Before we get to how MoCA 2.5 improves your Wi-Fi here’s a littler background on MoCA: Over the years, there...
MoCA is great for supporting your home Internet and Wi-Fi to make sure all of your entertainment devices and work devices have a strong Internet connection. Setting up a MoCA network is easy, but to do so you need to make sure you have all of the compatible devices....
Just like how MoCA 2.0 makes your home Wi-Fi better, . But the difference is that 2.5 offers a lot more. If you are new to MoCA technology, here is a quick recap: MoCA stands for Multimedia over Coaxial Alliance. MoCA technology uses the existing TV cable wiring...
- MoCA 2.5 for speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Two coax F-type connectors and one Ethernet RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps connector
- Compact size discretely fits in any home theater (110mm W x 70mm H x 25mm D)
- Upgradable software over web-based GUI
- Intuitive LEDs clearly display device and network status
- Hardware DES and AES Encryption to keep your data safe from unauthorized access
How do I contact Technical Support?
Do I need more than one HT-EM4 adapter?
How fast is MoCA 2.5?
How many MoCA devices can I have connected to my home network?
Your network can connect a total of 16 MoCA devices including the adapters.
What is the maximum distance between MoCA devices?
Is the HT-EM4 compatible with satellite services?
Can I connect an OTA antenna to the adapter?
What end-devices are compatible with the HT-EM4?
Virtually any device that has an Ethernet port, including Xbox, gaming systems, computers, streaming media devices and more.
After connecting a splitter to my network, it no longer works. Why?
Why is my connection speed so slow?
- Run a speed test of your incoming broadband service to ensure that the broadband service is healthy.
- Check for faulty/outdated/incompatible coax splitters and connections within your MoCA network that may be restricting speeds.
- Check that other devices connected to your MoCA network are not hoarding available bandwidth.
- Check that the Ethernet cable is Cat5E/6 compliant.
- Check to confirm that your device has a Gigabit Ethernet port (1000Mbps) and not Fast Ethernet (100Mbps).
Doesn't the pre-existing coaxial cable already have the capability of providing Internet?
Why can’t I access the internet when connected to the HT-EM4?
— Ensure that the coax cable is connected to the RF port with the picture of a coax connector
If the POWER LED is on, but the LINK LED is off:
— Please wait up to 90 seconds for the HT-EM4 to establish a network connection.
Why do none of the LEDs turn on?
- Ensure that you are using the correct power adapter that came with the device. Using a power adapter other than the one that came with your HT-EM4 can damage the HT-EM4.
- Make sure that the power adapter is connected to the HT-EM4 and the electrical outlet correctly.
- Disconnect and re-connect the power adapter to both the electrical outlet and the HT-EM4.
- If none of the above steps solve the problem, consult your vendor as there might be a fault with the device.