Guidelines for Use of Existing Hitron Trademarks
Except as noted below, any individual or entity that seeks to use an Hitron Trademark must complete a Trademark Use Request Form. If any individual or entity seeks to use an Hitron Trademark in a press release, they must follow the Press Release Policy listed below. A sample of the applicant’s proposed use of Hitron’s Trademark should be attached to either Request Form.
The following uses of an Hitron trademark must be approved by Hitron’s Marketing Department:
- Any use of an Hitron trademark by an outside individual or entity (external user).
- Any use of an Hitron trademark in conjunction with a name, slogan, logotype, etc. of any outside individual or entity.
- Use of an Hitron Trademark by any Hitron employee (Internal User) on any promotional items (e.g., newsletters, flyers, bulletins, giveaways, sell sheets and promotional material etc).
The following uses do not require the approval to use an Hitron trademark:
- Re-order of a previously approved Hitron Trademark on stationery, business cards, and other business documents.
- Use of Hitron’s name, but not its logotype, by an Hitron employee to identify him/herself (e.g., “John Doe, Sales Manager, Hitron Electronics, Inc).
Approved Users will be informed in writing of the decision regarding their application. Use of the Hitron Trademark by an Internal User may commence once written approval has been received. In addition to written authorization, approved internal and external Users will be given a copy of the Hitron Brand Book. External Users will also receive the written Logo Agreement. An External User may commence authorized use of the relevant Trademarks only after signing and returning the agreement to Hitron’s Marketing Department.
Guidelines for the Development of New Names, Slogans, Designs, and Logotypes employing an Hitron Trademark
Any individual or entity, either internal or external to the Company, that seeks to employ an Hitron Trademark in the development of a new name, slogan, design, logotype, must make application to the Marketing Department by completing a Request Form. Decisions regarding whether to register any particular trademark will be at the discretion of Hitron’s Marketing Department and Legal Counsel.
Any User who has failed (1) to submit a Trademark Use Request Form, (2) to abide by Hitron’s graphics standards or Brand Book, (3) to submit an annual usage report, or who has (4) used any Trademark in a manner inconsistent with, or beyond the scope of the authorized approval shall be in violation of Hitron’s Trademark Policy and subject to immediate sanctions at Hitron’s discretion. No uses of a Hitron Trademark will be grandfathered under this policy. All Current Users of a Hitron Trademark are subject to review by Hitron’s Marketing Department at its discretion and may be subject to sanctions by Hitron at its discretion. Any User declared by Hitron to be in violation of Hitron’s Trademark Policy must cease and desist all uses of a Hitron Trademark upon demand by Hitron Technologies Americas.