It’s easy to check a cable wall outlet for a broadband signal if you have the right tool. Have you ever struggled with any of the problems below?
- You bought a new cable modem and need to know where to plug it in to install it properly.
- Your current cable modem is slow or keeps disconnecting and you need to troubleshoot your connection.
- You need to move your cable modem to another cable wall outlet in your home.
A coax cable tester tool that is specifically designed for this task, makes it super easy to do.
What is a Coax Cable Tester?
A coax cable tester is a small, handheld tester that is used to accurately test your coax cable wall outlets and coax wiring for a valid signal coming from your Cable Internet provider. This tool verifies that your coax wiring or coax outlet is in working condition and is receiving a broadband signal from your Cable Internet provider.
Can Any RF Testing Tool Detect the Same Signals?
No, they cannot. That’s because Broadband signals from your Cable Internet provider uses a specific range of radio frequencies to transmit its signals. Hitron’s DSS01 Coax Cable Tester uses patent technology to accurately detect the presence of these signals within the frequency range. And, it also applies a secondary detection pattern to accurately verify those signals. Unlike other devices on the market, the DSS01 is not prone to interference and pinpoints the broadband signals from your Cable provider.
How to Perform a Coax Outlet Test
Using the DSS01 coax cable tester is easy and takes mere seconds:
- Turn on the DSS01 wait for the white indicator light.
- Connect the DSS01 into a coax cable outlet and press the Test button to run the test.
- If the LED indicator light is GREEN: a valid signal was detected and Its ready for install.
- If the LED indicator light is RED: No valid signal was detected.
- Turn the power button off or test another coax outlet or coax wire.
Hitron’s DSS01 Coax Cable Tester makes troubleshooting your Internet connection easy too. In a matter of seconds, the DSS01 helps you determine if the issue is with your modem, your ISP, or the coax outlet. Identifying the exact problem makes troubleshooting your Internet so much easier.
Purchase Hitron’s Coax Cable Tester on Amazon today. You can learn more about our coax cable tester or MoCA Adapters by checking Hitron’s Learn page for more articles and information.