Like most of us who are renting a cable modem from our Service Providers, we are not entirely sure just how old our rental equipment is. Let’s face it, we take what’s given by our ISP and sometimes that means older equipment. Most people, ignore their cable modems, only paying attention when they start to flake out or under-perform.
Here are some things you can check to make sure you have the latest in cable modem or cable modem/router technology:
- Ask yourself “How many years have I had this cable modem?” If it’s more than 3 years, it’s likely outdated.
- It supports DOCSIS 3.1 and/or DOCSIS 3.1 & WiFi 6
- It supports Gigabit Speeds
- Have you upgraded your speed plans but not your modem? Make sure your modem matches your broadband service.
Technology changes quickly, and with cable modems, they are at the center of your Internet connection, so they need to have the latest technology. Cable modems come in a variety of capabilities, so make sure you have the right one to match your needs and speeds.
To help you navigate the features of cable modems and know which cable modem to choose, we have created additional articles that you might find useful:
- How to choose a cable modem
- Must-have features to look for in a cable modem
- Cable Modem vs Cable Modem Router
- Compatibility of cable modems with your Service Provider
- What is a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem?
Hitron’s CODA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is available on Amazon, The CODA features DOCSIS 3.1 technology to deliver the fastest Multi-Gigabit speeds to your connected devices now and in the future. Learn more about cable modems or cable modem routers by reading Hitron’s Learn Page.