Wi-Fi booster apps are the future of personalized home networking and remote troubleshooting. There are many on the market, including our own, the MyHitron app. This page is going more in-depth on an app related to the Wi-Fi mesh system called Plume and how it compares to MyHitron.
The Plume Adaptive Wi-Fi system, Plume for short, is a Wi-Fi mesh system. Like many mesh Wi-Fi systems, Plume offers an app called HomePass. The Plume HomePass app is designed for Plume subscribers.
How the Plume Wi-Fi app (HomePass) works is it allows Plume subscribers to optimize, adapt, and add features to their connected home system. In other words, subscribers can personalize and control their Plume Wi-Fi mesh system from the app on their smartphone.
The app gives subscribers a visual display of their connected Wi-Fi system. With the app, subscribers can view network connection and performance, see where all of the “pods” are located throughout the home, customize features, and reduce the need for technician costs and scheduling.
To get the Plume app, you need to invest in the entire Plume Wi-Fi mesh system, since the app syncs with the Plume Wi-Fi pods. Wi-Fi mesh systems can be expensive.
You can get a similar personalized home network management app experience that meets your budget needs with the MyHitron app.
The MyHitron app is a self-serve home Wi-Fi management and optimization tool. It lets you manage, personalize, optimize and troubleshoot your entire home network from an app on your smartphone. The MyHitron app features include:
- Installing everything yourself, so no need for your Internet service provider (ISP) to come to your home
- Performing Internet speed tests
- Configuring and control your network security
- Enabling parental controls
- “Self-heal” feature for troubleshooting and resolving Wi-Fi issues from your home, eliminating the wait on hold for technical support
- Managing all devices connected to your network
- Easy access whenever you need it from your smart device
And, ISPs can add services to the MyHitron app, such as:
- Showing billing information
- Identifying if circuits need to be addressed or fixed
- Identifying if your network is too congested and needs an extender
- And more!