Step 1: Restart the ARIA3411
Sequence to restart your network:
1. Turn off and unplug the ARIA3411 Router.
2. Plug in the ARIA3411 and turn it on. Wait two minutes.
Step 2: Check the Power Adapter and Ethernet Cable Connections
* If the ARIA3411 does not start, make sure that the power adapter cable is securely plugged in to the back of the ARIA3411 and to the working electrical outlet.
* Make sure that the Ethernet cables are securely plugged in to the back of the ARIA3411 and your connected device (e.g.: computer).
Step 3: Check the WiFi Settings
* Make sure that the WiFi settings on the WiFi-enabled computer or wireless device and the ARIA3411 match exactly.
* The WiFi network name (SSID) and WiFi security settings of the ARIA3411 and the computer or wireless device must match exactly.
* WiFi passwords are case sensitive.
* If you set up a Device Filter list, you must add the MAC address of each computer and wireless device to the ARIA3411’s Device Filter list.
Step 4: Check the Network Settings
If your computer or wireless device cannot connect to the ARIA3411, make sure that the network settings of the computer or wireless device are correct. Computers and wireless devices must use network IP addresses on the same network as the ARIA3411. By default, almost all computers and wireless devices are set up to obtain an IP address automatically using DHCP.