Having a modem equipped with DOCSIS 3.1 will greatly benefit your home WiFi network. But what is DOCSIS 3.1 and why is it better than its predecessors?
DOCSIS stands for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification. Essentially, DOCSIS is the international standard used to transfer data over coax TV cable systems, which makes it possible for any cable modem to work with any coax cable system. DOCSIS 3.1 technology is the latest and greatest, getting you faster, more reliable WiFi and Internet. When upgrading to a certified DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem that is compatible with your cable Internet provider, you can feel assured that you’re getting the most out of the latest specification.
Here are 6 advantages of purchasing a DOCSIS 3.1 modem:
- DOCSIS 3.1 is 10x faster than DOCSIS 3.0 because it is specifically designed for Gigabit speed Internet (the fastest available)
- DOCSIS 3.1 is capable of speeds up to 10 Gbps
- DOCSIS 3.1 is more energy efficient because it allows your cable modem to go to “sleep” mode when you aren’t using it
- DOCSIS 3.1 is “future-proof”, meaning its ready for the speeds offered today by your Internet Provider and speeds offered tomorrow
- DOCSIS 3.1 is better for streaming HD video and online gaming because it has reduced packet latency (resulting in less lag time)
- DOCSIS 3.1 has better security than previous DOCSIS versions
The CODA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem from Hitron has your needs covered. With multi-Gigabit speeds, including download speeds up to 10 Gbps and faster upload speeds, it is a modem built for reliable and fast WiFi and streaming. Learn more about DOCSIS 3.1 on Hitron’s Learn pages or Blog.