CGNDP3M works with any DOCSIS 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1 architecture –
low split, mid split and high split; DOCSIS 4.0 meter in development
The CGNDP3M is controlled by Hitron’s ProMeter mobile app, which is compatible with iOS and Android devices. Technicians can run tests and view the diagnostic readings right on their smartphone or tablet, minimizing device costs and technician learning curves. With a lower price point than traditional test meters, cable operators can afford to equip their entire workforce with diagnostic testing tools to deliver a better customer experience.
“Efficient, effective network testing is essential for controlling operating costs and ensuring quality of service. In collaboration with operators, we’ve designed a tool that empowers technicians to resolve issues the first time and avoid multiple service calls. The CGNDP3M is a preferred meter for field installation and plant maintenance because of its ease of use and low cost of ownership,” said Greg Fisher, President and Chief Technology Officer at Hitron.
Additionally, Hitron is developing a portable test meter for DOCSIS 4.0, the future of the hybrid fiber/coax network. The availability of standard-compliant DOCSIS 4.0 diagnostic tools will be critical as operators engage in lab trials, early deployments, and full-scale deployments.
The CGNDP3M is currently in production. Key features include:
- Able to scan low split (5-42 MHz), mid split (5-85 MHz), and high split (5-204 MHz) upstream
- Full frequency spectrum support up to 1.2 GHz
- Comprehensive diagnostics including: upstream/downstream, spectrum, channel scan, MER, Flux, QAM analysis, OFDM, OFDMA, Ingress, Noise, Ping, and Traceroute
- Hitron’s exclusive SnapShot takes a snapshot of the network at a particular time
- SpeedTest measures speeds over 2 Gbps
- SpeedTest via coax and Ethernet to CPE
- Battery supports up to 8 hours of operation
- Optional cloud data collection and reporting
About Hitron Technologies
Hitron Technologies is changing the way the world works, plays and connects. Our leadership in broadband and Wi-Fi technology, combined with our vertically integrated manufacturing services, enable us to continually push the envelope of what’s possible and deliver custom, cost-effective and scalable solutions. Hitron Technologies Americas Inc. is a subsidiary of Hitron Technologies and is based in Centennial, Colorado.
To learn more about Hitron Technologies Americas, visit www.us.hitrontech.com