When people hear “wired Internet” the first things they might think are things like “too expensive” or “drilling holes in walls.” For some wired home network solutions, that might be true. However, with MoCA you get the best of both worlds: the benefits of wired Internet without the hassle of pricey and messy installation.
One of the best things about MoCA is that it is super easy to setup and you can do the installation yourself. You just need MoCA adapters. By design, setting up MoCA in your home is a plug-and-go experience.
Step-by-Step How to Set Up a MoCA Network
Setting up your MoCA network is easy and you can do it yourself. Here is what you have to do:
- Buy a pair of MoCA adapters.
- Connect one adapter to a coax jack and into your router.
- Connect the second adapter into the device you want to use to connect to the Internet. (You will need an Ethernet cable to connect to your device.)
That’s it. Your MoCA network is setup. No extra wires. No holes in walls. Just better Internet in your home.
Why you want MoCA
MoCA is a great addition to your home wireless network because it creates a wired backbone to support your Wi-Fi. For example, devices like PCs, gaming consoles and other devices that tend to be stationary often require a solid, reliable connection to have the best experience. Think about all of the times that your video games lagged, or your video streaming buffered. MoCA can help take those frustrations away.
When your PC and gaming devices are on a wired connection, your Wi-Fi network has less congestion, therefore giving you better experience on your mobile devices, like smartphones and laptops.
The key takeaways are that MoCA technology and the best MoCA adapters
- Makes your Internet faster and more reliable.
- Offers more bandwidth for the more demanding activities you love, like online gaming, video streaming, using VR applications and more.
- Lets you manage and control your entire home network offering visibility to things like performance metrics, parental controls, network security, troubleshooting and more.
MoCA technology is the way to go if you want to improve your overall home network. You can enhance your Wi-Fi connection in every corner of your home with HT-EM4 MoCA adapters. Check out Hitron’s MoCA Learn Page for more.