Just like how MoCA 2.0 makes your home Wi-Fi better, . But the difference is that 2.5 offers a lot more.
If you are new to MoCA technology, here is a quick recap:
MoCA stands for Multimedia over Coaxial Alliance. MoCA technology uses the existing TV cable wiring (called coaxial cables) in your home to transmit data. You use MoCA adapters throughout your home to extend the coverage of your Wi-Fi signal and to overall make your Wi-Fi stronger. With MoCA, the bandwidth across all MoCA adapters in your home is shared.
To use MoCA 2.0 or 2.5 adapters is easy. They are simple plug-in-and-go devices. But before we dive into the how and why you should use MoCA adapters, let’s cover the basics of MoCA 2.0 and 2.5 technology.
MoCA 2.0 Explained
MoCA 2.0 introduced faster Internet speeds than the previous MoCA 1.0 and 1.1. With MoCA 2.0, you could reach up to 500 Mbps throughput. MoCA 2.0 also improved packet rates to improve lag and latency, which made online gaming and video streaming experiences so much better. MoCA 2.0 was also backward compatible to 1.0 and 1.1.
Then came along the upgrade to MoCA 2.5.
MoCA 2.5 Explained
MoCA 2.5 is the upgrade from MoCA 2.0 and offers more benefits. Some of the MoCA 2.5 highlights include:
- Capable of up to 2.5 Gbps actual throughputs
- Backward interoperable with MoCA 2.0 and MoCA 1.1
- Less than 5ms latency (no lag)
- Advanced security and privacy through MoCA protected setup (MPS) which is similar to Wi-Fi WPS
- Easy management across all nodes
And a lot more. These updates are perfect for pristine HD and 4K streaming and uninterrupted, lag-free gaming experiences.
To set up your MoCA 2.5 adapter, follow these easy steps:
- Connect one MoCA 2.5 adapter to your HDTV, set top box, access point or other device.
- Connect the other MoCA 2.5 adapter to your router.
- Look for the green light(s) to indicate the connection is successful.
That’s all you have to boost your Wi-Fi! For better whole home Wi-Fi, MoCA technology is the way to go. You can enhance your Wi-Fi connection with HT-EM4 MoCA 2.5 adapters in your home today. Check out our Learn Page and blog for more.